Light and fluffy, these pancakes will never sink to the bottom of your stomach like lead and leave you wanting to do nothing more than lay in a prone position for a few hours rather than starting off your day right! I’m so glad I came across this recipe.
Recipe courtesy of: kris (at allrecipes.com)
Original recipe located at: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fluffy-Pancakes-2/Detail.aspx
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.