I first tried these beans when my mother-in-law made them for our rehearsal dinner cookout. I’ve never seen people go back for seconds of baked beans before, but they definitely did with these! So of course I asked for the recipe and now I make them. If you wind up with a lot of leftovers, you can add some canned tomatoes, a hit of several spices, and turn it into next-day chili.
Recipe Courtesy Of: My Mother-in-Law
- 1 16 oz can black beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 16-oz. can molasses baked beans
- 1 16 oz can chili beans in sauce
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or bison
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup catsup
- 2 Tbs mustard
- 2 tsp vinegar
1. Brown ground beef and drain off grease.
2. In slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover.
3. Cook on low setting for 3-4 hours. (I stir occasionally, or else some of the beans adhere themselves to the sides of the crockpot).