Yumm! The perfect summer grill recipe that would go well with a nice margarita. The recipe calls for chicken but we made these with turkey, since that’s what we had on hand. Instead of topping with guacamole we topped with sliced avocado and some fresh salsa. SInce it was just the two of us we had leftovers and honestly although re-heated burgers are sometimes not the best, these ones were delicious the next day as the flavors had mellowed out a little and really settled in. I think this would be a great one to prepare the patties ahead of time and leave in the fridge for the day before you put them on the grill.
Original Recipe Located At: http://whatsgabycooking.com/cheddar-jalapeno-chicken-burgers-with-guacamole/
Recipe Also Here: http://www.annies-eats.com/2013/07/10/jalapeno-cheddar-chicken-burgers-with-guacamole/ (Because you know 80% of the stuff I post on here I find on her blog!)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- hamburger buns (we’re in love with the French rolls from Publix, they really hold up well to a thick burger)
- avocado/guacamole (optional)
- salsa (optional)
1. Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
2. Transfer the ground chicken to a medium bowl.
3. Add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, paprika, cheddar cheese, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Using your hands, incorporate everything together. Make sure everything is evenly incorporated without over mixing the ground chicken.
4. Form the mixture into four 1/2″-thick patties. Grill burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
5. Serve each patty in a burger bun topped with guacamole and sour cream and salsa if desired.