I’ve made baked egg rolls before, using coleslaw mix and sweet apple chicken sausage. I came across this recipe for southwest egg rolls and tried it out within a week. Nacho toppings + egg roll? Winning combination. They come together really easily and the recipe yields a large quantity. Good thing they reheat well in the toaster oven! Great appetizer for a vegetarian-friendly party.
Recipe From: Rebecca Crump (Ezra Pound Cake)
Recipe Located At: http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/4102
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- 20 egg roll wrappers
2. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spray tops of egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown. Turn them halfway through baking.
3. Serve warm with salsa and/or guacamole.